Want to take your cycling stamina up a notch and your belt size down a notch or two in 2020? Do you ‘dabble on the saddle’ and want to challenge yourself to ride further in the new year? Whatever your cycling, fitness or well-being goals we think we can help each other out and get you off to a great start in 2020.
At Watford Cycle Hub we’re raising funds to kit out the new Cycle Hub building, due to be completed in March, so we’re running the New Year Cycle Challenge and directing all proceeds into some essential equipment and fittings for your new Cycle Hub. Click here for more details and background.
Here’s how the New Year Cycling challenge works:
- To join our New Year Cycle challenge it costs just £5 (use sign-up link below) and then, if you’d like to get support from friends and family, they can sponsor you a set amount per mile or a fixed amount (whichever they choose) to complete your pledged distance.
- Pledge your total cycling distance over the two months (you don’t have to do it all in one go!). Maybe 25 miles would be stretching or, if you’re a seasoned cyclist, 500 miles or more; it really is up to you how far you pledge to cycle – it’s your challenge!
- Set yourself up with an app. like Strava (free version available) to track your distance or if you’d prefer, keep a log of your rides with some mid-ride photos of you having a great time on your cycling route!
- Get Cycling and start notching up those miles! You can join us on our weekly free led rides or head out with some friends or family. Unsure where to go?, pop into one of our Cycle Hubs for some great route options, local maps and a tune-up for your bike, if needed!
- Achieve your distance, have fun along the way and collect your medal at the Grand Celebration Family Cycling event in March (details to follow on this page).
Sign up here: New Year Cycle Challenge ticket £5 each
Get your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you on our Gofundme page (link below), making sure they use your name and ‘Cycle Challenge’ in the donation comments (along with any words of encouragement / support!)
Sponorship goes here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/watford-cycle-hub-kit-out-the-new-building