Privacy and Cookies
Herts Cycle Hubs is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to the website, including the subsidiary sites: Dacorum, Leavesden, Stevenage and Watford Cycle Hubs.
We encourage you to read the policy carefully and to contact us using the details below should you have any questions with regards your personal information and its use in the context of this website.
Who we are and how to contact us
Watford Cycle Hub Limited, established in Watford in 2012, operates from four Cycle Hub sites in: Hemel Hempstead (Dacorum), Leavesden, Stevenage and Watford.
This website comprises a main site, ‘Herts Cycle Hubs’ as the group, with individual pages and areas for the four individual Cycle Hubs detailed above.
If you would like to enquire about the use of personal data, please contact the custodian of data at email@example.com or call 01923 223994 or write to us: Watford Cycle Hub, The Pavilion, Chaffinch Lane, Watford, WD18 9QD.
What information do we collect?
Watford Cycle Hub Limited collects the following data:
• Personal identification information: Name, email address and phone number.
• Details relating to a bike that you request to be serviced or repaired by us: Make, model, size, serial number, details of work quoted and undertaken.
• Proof of home address in the case of cycle hire in the form of a scanned driving license, utility bill or passport.
• Details relating to course completion, level / score attained, and date completed.
• Ethnicity and age category.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Watford Cycle Hub Limited with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online, in our Cycle Hubs or at a Cycle Hub supported event to receive our newsletter.
• Complete an online contact request or expression of interest form on our website.
• Make a booking for a course or event online or at a Cycle Hub.
• Make a purchase at one of our Cycle Hubs.
• Book your bike in for servicing and/or repair at one of our Cycle Hubs.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
• Enter our premises we may record you on our CCTV system for the prevention of crime.
• Attend an event or course by taking photographs and video.
Watford Cycle Hub Limited may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• British Cycling in respect to Guided, Breeze and Ride Social rides participation.
How do we process personal information?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• In providing goods and services.
• to operate our website and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
• personalisation of content, business information or user experience.
• to administer membership records.
• to maintain our own records and accounts.
• to fundraise and promote.
• to manage our employees and volunteers.
• to deliver marketing and events communication.
• carrying out polls and surveys.
• internal summarised activity trends and reporting.
• legal obligations (e.g. prevention of crime & fraud).
• meeting internal audit requirements.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Under Article 6 of the GDPR based on:
• Your consent: to deliver e-mail newsletters that you’ve requested / agreed to receive.
• Your consent: to receive marketing and events information.
• A contract with you: to complete servicing and repair work requested by you.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing and / or newsletters from Watford Cycle Hub Limited by clicking here
Under Article 9 of the GDPR.
• With explicit consent of the data subject: ethnicity data relating to cycle training participation. This is necessary to fulfil the objectives set out by local authorities around inclusion and diversity and to assess engagement with minority ethnic groups and demographics.
When do we share personal data?
Your personal data is treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared outside of the organisation with your consent.
We may share aggregated data with local authorities, such as the council, in respect to your participation in our events, training or for services we’ve supplied to you. By “aggregated” this means we simply count the number of people attending a fixture or add up the totals of any amounts raised, proceeds taken or overall attendance over a period.
How do we secure personal data?
Watford Cycle Hub Limited complies with its obligations under the GDPR by:
• keeping your personal data up-to-date and accurate.
• protecting your personal data against accidental loss.
• preventing unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure.
• ensuring business continuity and disaster recovery.
• restricting access to personal information.
• conducting privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and our business policies.
• training staff and contractors on data security.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Watford Cycle Hub Limited stores your personal data at its Cycle Hub sites and electronically in a cloud-based point-of-sale system.
Will keep your personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Watford Cycle Hub Limited would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Watford Cycle Hub Limited for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right request that Watford Cycle Hub Limited correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Watford Cycle Hub Limited completes any information you believe to be incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Watford Cycle Hub Limited erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Watford Cycle Hub Limited restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Watford Cycle Hub Limited transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us on: 01923 223994
or write to us: Watford Cycle Hub, The Pavilion, Chaffinch Lane, Watford, WD18 9QD
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Watford Cycle Hub Limited has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. You may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others, however in that case you may not be able to use certain features on our site. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for most modern browsers.
We use the Google Analytics service to understand how users navigate around our site.
To opt out of Google analytics on all sites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Links to other websites / third party content