Adult Cycling Courses
If you’ve never ridden a bike before or would like to boost your confidence cycling – these courses are for you!
The objectives of these courses are to build confidence in a safe and friendly environment, to encourage adults to take up cycling and to prepare them for the summer ride programmes or rides generally.
Adult courses can be mixed or for women only, depending on demand.
Our schedule of women-only cycling has had funding support from the local councils so our prices are considerably less than you might expect. We recommend early sign up!
If you can’t make these courses on the dates shown – please register your interest using the form at the bottom of the Training Overview page so we can consider your needs when scheduling future courses.
There are four programmes to cater for each ability level:
Absolute Beginners – £45 for three sessions
- For those who have never learnt to ride and have little or no confidence or skills on a bike.
- By the end of the course, you will have gained sufficient skills and confidence to take part in ‘traffic free’ rides.
- High instructor to participant ratio (1:2).
Confidence Booster – £40 for three sessions
- This is for adults who can ride 50 meters or more but are not confident as they have just learnt to cycle or are returning to cycling after a gap and would like to develop their skills.
- By the end of the course you should have a better understanding of gears, built up enough skills and confidence to ride longer distances as part of a group.
Cycle More – £60 for six sessionsThis course is a development of our successful Confidence Booster course.
- This is for adults who can ride 100 meters or more but are not confident and would like to develop their skills.
- By the end of the course you should have built up enough skills and confidence to ride longer distances, including routes on low-traffic suburban routes including safe routes to school and work.
- The sessions will cover what to eat, what to wear and the basics of fixing a puncture and taking care of your bike in order to make your cycling an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Intermediates – £40 for two sessions and one ride
- This is for adults who are comfortable riding on traffic free routes and would like to build up confidence on the road.
- By the end of the course you will have polished your cycling skills and be more confident riding on major suburban and commuter routes.
All participants will require:
- A bike in ready-to-ride condition (if requested a free bike check can be done in advance).
- Suitable clothing including; warm kit, gloves, sensible footwear and a showerproof layer. Note that it is wise to avoid baggy clothes that might get caught in mechanical parts.
- An in-date helmet (we can show you how to check).
- A completed and returned ‘Rider Information Traffic Free Consent Form’.